Sunday, August 25, 2013

FANTASY SPORTS BOSS FANTASY FOOTBALL EXPERTS PPR DRAFT ROUNDS 1 AND 2

Round 1 is always where you can make or break your team and the Fantasy Sports Boss Experts Draft surely had everyone on edge in order to avoid disaster and make the right picks.  So with that said here is how Round 1 unfolded and my analysis of the selections.

1.  Adrian Peterson:  Duh!
2.  Calvin Johnson:  I have no issues here as this is a PPR league and Johnson is the best receiver by a mile.  I would have taken him if he fell to me at the next spot.
3.  Fantasy Sports Boss Pick-Doug Martin:  Once Megatron was picked Martin was the only consideration since Arian Foster has injury questions going into the season.
4.  Marshawn Lynch:  In PPR Lynch is not as strong as in standard but his production has been big time the last two seasons.  Would have gone Ray Rice or Jamaal Charles over him though.
5.  Aaron Rodgers:  A QB has led this league in scoring in each of the last three seasons so there is much value to be had here with the top guys.  However I always choose to take advantage of the depth in a single QB format like this and look later.
6.  Ray Rice:  Again no issues as Rice was the best player available in my opinion.  Somewhat annoyed that Bernard Pierce is eating in his numbers however.
7.  Jamaal Charles:  So far no surprises as Charles is a guy I love despite his slight frame making me worry about injury.  Could lead the league in rushing.
8.  Drew Brees:  I am always tempted to take Brees but I just couldn't do it.  The guy is an absolute scoring monster every season.
9.  Trent Richardson:  I think LeSean McCoy was safer since Richardson has injury worries of his own but if healthy, he could be tremendous.  First truly risky pick.
10. C.J. Spiller:  Foster falls out of Round 1 which I expected.  Spiller has to answer the question of if he can hold up for a whole season but he reminds me of Charles with his ability to go from 0-60 in two seconds.  Should also be a threat to win the rushing title.

11. Arian Foster:  Getting Foster in the second round could be a major steal as he is back practicing but he also is going to be eased back into the season.  This owner could be sitting very pretty though with both Foster and Spiller.
12. Tom Brady:  I still would take Brady over Cam Newton so I won't be worked up over this.  As proven as any player in the draft.  However I WOULD take Peyton Manning over him given his awesome surrounding offensive talent.
13. LeSean McCoy:  Would be a first round pick if he didn't come off an injury-marred 2012.  Extra interesting in new head coach Chip Kelly's offense.
14. Peyton Manning:  I absolutely love Manning this season and would have thought strongly of taking him if he fell to me since he could throw for 40 scores in this offense.  
15. Maurice Jones-Drew:  First sketchy pick of the draft.  Didn't like this at all as this is not 2008.  MJD is aging and coming off a rough foot injury.  Chris Johnson and Matt Forte much better picks by a mile.
16. Chris Johnson:  I always like Johnson more than others and he has looked great this summer.  Still capable of going nuts any given week.
17. Andre Johnson:  No longer included in the top tier of receivers but in PPR he should be given how he catches so many passes.  If only he would score more.  First season in six that I am not going to have him on my squad.
18. Fantasy Sports Boss Pick-Brandon Marshall:  Shocked he was still available and I wasted no time in making this PPR gem of a pick.  Got a WR 1 in Round 2.  Steal.
19. Dez Bryant:  Here comes the run on receivers as everyone wants their stud number 1 of which Bryant surely is.
20. Demaryius Thomas:  A.J. Green actually falls to Round 3 given that there are a lot of Hard Knocks fans in the league who have seen him not do much more than do work in the pool as a result of a bum knee.  Thomas should be incredible as Peyton Manning's go-to-guy this season.

So that's how the all important first two rounds went.  Any thoughts differing from mine?  Let me hear it.  Post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment